Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

My Double DIY Success


My latest diy projects.
Another do it yourself project is done and I'm quiet happy with the results.  I've been wanting to switch to some smaller and more easy to clean storage that doubled as pet furniture for some time.  Keeping in mind the cost, size, and the ability to provide at least some storage and it absolutely needed to be easy to clean.
I looked everywhere including second hand stores and my local retail stores but finding what I wanted in the right size and price wasn't working.  So I turned to Ikea (really I should have started there in the first place).
They have some great cubes and shelving combinations that you can really customize and they were in the right colour, size and best of all the right price.
My first project began a couple of months ago with the white tall shelving that sits about window height. Basically two Ikea cubes ($20 Eket cabinets with clips to secure the two together) with the $10 Eket base legs. I used left over gray felt to make a pillow case with a towel for the inside and secured it with removable velcro strips. I stacked three sturdy white storage boxes along the side to help my aging cat get to one of her favourite spots at the window.
So for under $55 I was able to put together something I actually like and it can easily be re-purposed.

 My most recent project was to come up with a way to replace the wicker storage box and old worn out cat bed that took up way to much space at the end of the bed for under $65.  Definitely a challenge, so it did take me a awhile to search all the different options to find something that would work.  But all that searching payed off since I wound up finding a great solution for under $50.

And yes you guessed it, I placed another order with Ikea and purchased the Besta frame. It was about $40 and came with adjustable feet which saved me the cost of having to buy them separately. I also ordered the Lurvig cat house, although I think the dog would love this too.
If you turn the cat house on it's side it fit inside this frame perfectly (I actually measured three times to make sure it would fit before I ordered).  Then I used  two magazine holders beside it to store all that extra pet stuff.
It's truly amazing how much you can actually hide in those things.


Bench, Pet bed & hidden storage
 I'm so glad that I was finally able to get these projects done. Not   only does it look better but it makes cleaning so much easier   and it takes up way less space in the room.  Oh and yes, it has   already been pet approved.

Two DIY Projects


Comments

Popular Posts