Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Reuse Your Old Dryer Balls For This Simple DIY

Way back in Feb 2017 I started using dryer balls and they did their last load of laundry in October of this year. So while being very impressed at how well they have worked and how long they lasted, I needed some ideas to figure out what I could do with them.  Throwing them out wasn't an option for me and I'm a creative person so I ventured over to Pinterest for some inspiration.
While one dryer ball went to my cat (who was quite happy with her new toy) I still had two left over. And thanks to all the Scandinavian Christmas ideas and the gnomes I came up with an idea.
So yes you guessed it I made two cute gnomes mostly with items I already had.  My only purchase was one item from the dollar store with a grand total of about $3.00.

Items I used:

- I used an old and slightly worn out Christmas hand towel, but you could use any extra material you have.  I cut the towel in half and then also cut the top and bottom folded seems off  to use as a ties.
- Some scrap cardboard cut in a circle to form the base.
- One old dryer ball.
- Felt like fabric.
- Something round for the nose.
- Fake fur roll or you can even use cotton balls.
- Hot glue gun and glue.
- Needle and thread.


How I did it:

1. I spread out the material and placed the round piece of cardboard in the center with a dryer ball on top.
2.  Then I gathered up all the sides and tied it all together at the top.
  
 3.  I wrapped the fake fur around it so that it overlaps at the back and the material underneath wouldn't show.  Sewing it at the top to hold it in place ( you could also use a hot glue gun if you don't want to sew it together).
 4.  I had long thin strips of felt left over from another project.  So I put two together and turned them into a cone shape and secured it with a dab of glue.  I then just ran stitches up the back.
 5. I attached the nose using my hot glue gun.
6. If you don't have the fake fur this is where you can add the cotton, securing it with glue.

   And the final product......
 Well, I have to admit that I find them simple but kind of cute and not at all bad for $3.00 and some scrounging around the house.


Comments

Popular Posts