Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

A Little Christmas Wreath Refresh And DIY

 For some reason I always feel the need to get extra creative as Christmas time approaches. This year I found that some of my old wreaths that had been fixed more than a couple of times over the years had finally seen their last holiday. So of course this sent me on a search for ideas on what I could do with some of the items I already had.

So the very first thing I did was take apart the old wreath using plyers and placed all the salvageable pieces in a bag for later.


What I eventually ended up with, besides a mess was a sturdy basic metal frame. 
I began creating a new wreath by using left over packing paper (the kind that comes from those online orders) and wrapped it several times around the frame. Then I took an old sweater cut off the arms and then cut down the seam of each arm. Using a basic blanket stitch I sewed the arms onto the frame.  I tried to make sure the more detailed parts of the sweater were at the front and left all the stitching hidden at the back. I kept adding parts of the sweater until there was enough to cover the frame.


Then I played around a bit and decided to add wood beads and the last of the wood snow flakes that I still had.  I finished off this indoor wreath by wrapping it with a sting of lights.


To replace the old outdoor wreath that I took apart above I was able to find a simple but affordable wreath. I took some of the leftovers from the old wreath and hot glued them onto the new one and of course added some light.


And finally my last wreath project.

I had some white fake fur left over from last year and was racking my brain on how to make a solid wreath shape with something I already had.

I ended up finding an old hand towel and twisted it into a circle. Using string I tied and secured it all the way around.  Then I took the roll of fake fur and wrapped it around securing it at the back with a few stitches of thick white thread. It turned out to be surprisingly sturdy. I didn't want to add to much to this. Really I just wanted to keep it simple so I added a leftover piece of ribbon at the top for hanging.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results and all three wreaths ended up costing me about $15.00. Which was what the replacement wreath cost.  Everything else I already had or was able to reuse.  

Looking for more ideas to brighten your Christmas?  Then check out our Christmas board on Pinterest.

Comments

Popular Posts