Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Update On My DIY Headboard Storage (from July 2020)

 A couple of years ago I put together a wall mounted headboard with some much needed storage.  I used three Ikea Trones to line the wall behind the bed (see my July 27, 2020 post, "DIY Headboard With Storage). 

Well, it has worked so well I decided to add another row of Trones using the same technique as before.  I attaching a 1"x 2" piece of wood to the wall and then attached all three pieces to the 1"x 2". Then underneath them (you can't actually see this unless you get under it and look) I added an additional piece of 1"x2" for additional support. The bottom back part of the Trones sits on top of the wood acting like a ledge. The main reason for the wood was to avoid adding a ton of holes to my wall, and the left over 1"x 2" that I had worked perfectly for that. Especially since I ended up adding a second row.

These Trones shoe storage cabinets measure about 20 1/2"x 15 3/8" each and they come in a two pack. I have a double bedframe so three of these worked perfectly for the width of my bedframes headboard. The bottom row sits just below the top of the bedframes headboard so I'm still able to fully open all of them.  And yes, you can get a lot of stuff in there too. I store most of my bedding (summer and winter sheet sets, extra blankets, pillow covers, etc..) and I still have two Trones left over for a few other things.

Now, with this additional row of storage I have both storage above and below (see my March 21, 2022 post, "Some Creative Hidden Storage").  This hidden storage is just underneath the Trones and behind my bedframes headboard. It's about the same depth as the Trones so in all, they take up very little space but still offer verry useable storage. They're also thankfully, not supper expensive and fairly easy to adapt to your needs.  They're light weight and can also offer some creative solution especially when you have limited space to work with (see my Sept 7, 2020 post, "DIY Bathroom Storage'). So far they are standing up very well to everyday use and they're easy to clean. 
I can not tell you how thrilled I am with the results.  All that extra storage that's hidden away, yet still easy to get to. I really appreciate and like that it makes things less cluttered, something I especially like to avoid in any bedroom. 





  


Comments

Popular Posts