Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Spoiling Our Pets

As you may have guessed by now I have a huge soft spot for animals even though I'm allergic to a few of them. Thankfully by keeping things clean (swiffering, vacuuming, and washing regularly)
and reducing the pet hair with regular brushing I can help avoid most of my symptoms. 
When I was a kid I always thought that whoever invented allergy pills must have been an animal lover with allergies.

Recently, I spotted a great deal on a really cute tent pet bed that doesn't take up too much space.  Something I had actually thought about making, but since the price was so good (seriously I couldn't have made it myself for the price I purchased it) I splurged and picked it up. Although since this is summer, I did end up swapping out the plush white mat for something a little more suited for warmer weather.

It makes a great out of the way comfy spot to nap.

Small storage box's tucked away in the corner become useful steps for an ageing pet.

Thankfully my cat likes it and it actually fit perfectly in the spot I wanted to put it. Not, something that always works out when you don't always have the opportunity to measure things out.
I placed it above the litter box that's tucked into the corner putting down some nonslip material under the bed to secure it so it wouldn't easily slide off.  And since she's also getting older and can't always jump as high as she used to, I try to make the spaces she wants to go easier for her to get to.  That's when those handy storage boxes (my small stock pile from Ikea) comes in handy to make some simple steps for her.  It was also a great place to store some of my books, because yes I'm a huge book lover...and just maybe I've run out of space to put them. 
So now the steps provide two purposes instead of just one. One to help her get up and down and two to provide useful hidden storage.
All these surfaces are all easy to clean, wipe down or just dust off. I have an old pet hair remover that I've hand forever (well over 15 years) that works perfectly on furniture, blankets, pillows, etc.  It looks a lot like a big square eraser that you brush across the fabric allowing easy cleaning for just such things as this pet bed. If you have a pet or pets that sheds these and lint rollers are a staple in your everyday life.
 
It originally looked like this.


But with the current warm weather a slight change was needed.

If you would like some more information on the litter box I made in the picture, check out the post, "Easy Hidden Cat Box DIY" on Jan 27, 2020




Comments

Popular Posts