Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Just A Little DIY For The Holliday's

 At the end of November we decided to go through all the Christmas boxes.  Does anything need to be fixed, do all the lights still work and can we donate some of the items we were no longer using? Our local Ukrainian Society was collecting all things Christmas to help newly arrived Ukrainians celebrate their first Christmas here.  We didn't have a tone of stuff but it helped reduce our clutter and hopefully it will help bring a smile to someone and let them know we care.  

This time of year also has a way of reminding me to stop, appreciate the things we have (and not the things we don't). To give if you can, and always, always spread a little kindness. You may not always be able to tell what struggles someone is going through, and what you do or say may make all the difference.

As for my Christmas diy's, yes I 've somehow managed to do a couple and finish my Christmas decorating too. Christmas baking on the other hand is a whole other story....

Last year I was given a Cricut machine for Christmas and I've been slowly learning how to use it ever since. It's been a learning curve for sure, but I really do appreciate all the different ways to create something of your very own.  So, this past week I've tackled making a couple of ornaments as well as a few simple cards.

I found a free template for a folding house made from card stock which I ended up using on a wreath.  I used a simple but sturdy jute wreath that I originally picked up at the Dollar Store and covered it with remnants of an old sweater (from the sleeves actually). I placed a flat snowflake ornament at the top and wrapped it in mini lights, attaching the little house at the bottom. I attached it by using white thread and looped it through the side windows and sewing it into the material.

        

I also had this simple Ikea decoration that I wanted to personalize a little more. I played around with a few ideas and finally settled on adding three handmade wood ornaments. Still keeping it simple but adding a bit more of my style.















Comments

Popular Posts