Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Primers For Sensitive skin

At one time I really enjoyed getting creative with eye makeup.  But over the last couple of years I've found that my eye makeup just wasn't lasting anymore than a couple hours, some brands an hour if that.  So when one of my friends said she used Smashbox Primer and her eye makeup lasted all day, I was encouraged and decided to check out my options.

To be honest I had been wanting to try a primer for some time but because of my allergies and sensitive skin I was worried it would just be irritating.

So, I did a bit of searching to see what was out there for someone like me who is on a budget and who happens to have sensitive skin.  I found e.l.f. Cosmetics had a couple of primers that had good reviews.  Most notably for me were the reviews from people who also had sensitive skin.
So I took a leep and picked up the Clear Mineral Primer (under $10).  After a couple of test spots I tried it on my face and to my surprise my skin actually liked it.  It felt soft and silky going on and didn't take long to dry.  My makeup went on incredibly well (my skin is prettty dry this time of year) and my makeup is lasting much longer.  As an added bonus the primmer seems to be providing a barier between my skin and the air pollution that has helped calm my eczema.  An unexpected bonus.

So a week and a half into using this primer things seem to be going well. Fingers crossed it continues.

 For information on primers check out the following:
 paulaschoice.com
totalbeauty.com. best-makeup-primers

For product information:
elfcosmetics.com face primer
smashbox.com Primer




Comments

Popular Posts