Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Halloween

Halloween is almost here again and you know the kids are getting excited and counting down the days until the big night (and yes some adults are too).  I've been adding all kinds of Halloween crafts, games and food ideas to our Pinterest board Halloween. So if your looking for ideas please check it out.
The Teal Pumpkin Project is back again. This project was first launched in 2014 to promote safety and to allows kids with allergies to have a fun and positive experience at Halloween.
For more information, free printouts, ideas and more check out these sites.
In Canada:  Food Allergy Canada's Teal Pumpkin Project
In the US: Education Awareness Teal Pumpkin Project


I have to admit that I do crave pumpkin this time of the year. I think it has to do with all those warm spices and smells we associate with it and the fact that pumpkin spice drinks are everywhere this time of year.  But if you're like me and you can't have these wonderful smelling drinks because of allergies, then I might have a couple of options for you.

I make both of these recipes and because I don't use sugar I find these sweet enough but if your taste buds need a bit more sweetness you can always add a little brown rice syrup, honey, or another natural sweetener.
I'm also continuing to add more recipes to our Pinterest board Recipes including a few new pumpkin ones.

        Banana Free Pumpkin Smoothie
  1 very small  zucchini (or 1/2 of a med size)
  1 cup pure canned pumpkin (I use pumpkin that I have frozen flat in 1/2 cup bags so      it's easy to break and add to my smoothie)
  about 8-10 pecans, not chopped (optional)
  3 heaping tablespoons of plain sugar free yogurt
  1 tsp cinnamon
  1 tsp sugar free vanilla
  pinch of nutmeg
  milk (or milk substitute)
        Add nuts, frozen pumpkin, zucchini, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and    milk to blender mix until smooth.

        Easy Sugar Free Pumpkin Latte
  about 1 cup milk (or milk substitute)
  1-2 Tbsp pure canned pumpkin
  1/2 tsp cinnamon
  pinch of nutmeg, cloves,and ginger
  1/4 tsp sugar free vanilla (optional)
  about 1/4 cup strong coffee
         Use a hand blender or whisk to blend all the ingredients together. You can     heat it up on the stove or even heat it up in the microwave.


.

Comments

Popular Posts