Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

On The Search For Sensitive Skin Facial Moisturizer

So here I go again.  Another sensitive skin product is discontinued.
I have been using this particular facial moisturizer (Impruv cream) for a long time and it's been the only cream or lotion that I've been able to use on my face everyday.  It took years and way to many skin reactions to find it. Now I have to start the search all over again....
 
I actually ended up spending a couple of days going through product after product online.  And yes I confess, I secretly cursed every one of those sites that didn't include ingredient lists with their products. Sometimes it takes up way to much time to look up those ingredients only to discouver "those ingredients" are not right for you.
So finally after all those hours and hundreds of products later I found one, yes just one possibility and that came from the product line, The Ordinary.
In case you haven't heard this affordable product line is free from formaldehyde, sulphates, parabens, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, oxybenzone, mercury, coal tar dyes and animal oils.
I've tried a few of their products and have had great results with them, so I ordered, The Ordinary Natural  Moisturing Factors + HA. Not only is it free from everything listed above but it is also vegan, nut-fee, oil-free, alcohol-free, silicone-free and has a pH of 6.50-7.50.

So far I've made it through the skin patch test and one week of daily use on my face.  Usually if I can get past the two week mark it means my skin likes it (and yes all my finger are officially crossed).  So far I'm really liking this product and a little does go a long way.  It's leaving my skin feeling nice and soft.  I've also been using it in combination with The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane, which is a very nice moisturizing serum.

I purchased my products from well.ca but for more information on this entire product line check out their website the ordinary.com
If you happen to be looking for a facial moisturizer for sensitive skin I've included a list of some of the easiest to find product lines that have some great options for sensitive skin.

La Roche-Posay - laroche-posay.ca
Avene - avene.ca
Eucerin - eucerinus.com
CareVe - cerave.ca
Ceyaphil - cetaphil.ca
Aveeno - aveeno.com
Burts Bees - burtsbees.ca
Dermalogica - dermalogica.ca


Looking for something simple for a body moisturizer?  Coconut oil, Cocoa butter and Shea butter are also some great options.



Comments

Popular Posts