Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Update on the Double DIY Success Post


Well, as it turns out I ended up making a slight change with my diy project since my last blog post.
The stacked white boxes I had beside the tall white shelving piece were cardboard and the top one just wasn't standing up to all the use. So I made some repairs to the top one and re-purposed them all to other parts of the house
In it's place I adding a separate box with legs as well as a washable surface container with a sturdy lid for the top.  On the lid I added a non slip piece of a dollar store bath mat cut to fit.  I already had the white box and the grey container which fit well enough to hide most of the storage that had previously been there in the stacked boxes.
So now it's even easier to move and to keep clean.  Which makes me a whole lot happier.


Now that another one of my projects was completed I could finally get to replacing all our downstairs pot lights with more energy efficient ones.  Since this was something I had never done before and I had no instructions I had to do a bit of research on what to do before I got started.  And wouldn't you know it, the type of lights we have are not the easy ones where you can simply unscrew the bulb and insert a new one. Oh no, they are the ones you have to pull out of the ceiling and then wrestle to get the old bulb out and a new one in. Obviously the person who designed these ones never had to replace the bulbs and clean up the mess.                                           
The house we are in is less than eight years old but I was surprised to discover  that all the hallway and bedroom lights had the old 60 watt bulbs in them. And yes they are your standard not so exciting boob light with either two or three bulbs each.  So today I traveled around the house with my trusty little step ladder to check and replace all the old bulbs with lower wattage LED ones. Carefully cleaning them and discouvering that someone had left price/product tags (or something similar, they were just too damaged to really make out) inside a couple of the fixtures. They had melted and were singed from dark brown to black...yikes!  After that unsettling discouvery I can safely say I feel a whole lot better about having to do this particular chore.  The dirt, dust and odd dead bug didn't seem quiet so bad after all.

If you are in need of a little diy inspiration check out Life Allergies DIY Home board and our Helpful Ideas For The Home.

Looking for some great Inspirational and diy sites, here are few that you might like.





















Comments

Popular Posts