Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

DIY Headboard With Storage

Although things didn't quiet go as planed for this post ( I had something else planed entirely) I'm happy with the way this project turned out.


What I wanted to do was find a way to add storage without taking up a lot of floor or visual space. So when I found a diy on Pinterest using a whole bunch of TRONES as a wall/headboard, I thought maybe I could do something similar but on a smaller scale.

I began by attaching a 1"x 2" piece of wood to the wall and then attached three of these storage pieces that I purchased from Ikea to the 1"x 2".  The reason for the wood was that I didn't want to add a ton of holes to my wall and the 1"x 2" worked perfectly for that.
These TRONES shoe storage cabinets measure about  20 1/2"x 15 3/8" each and they come in a two pack. I have a  double bed so three of these worked really well for the width of my headboard. 
I placed the cabinets so that the bottoms sit on top of the wood frame of the bed for additional support. Not that it's really needed since they are nice and light, but they can hold a surprising amount of storage. Which truly makes my inner organizer very happy. They also provide an additional shelf that's perfect to place a reading light and a few pretty things.
And yes, it wasn't at all hard to find a useful place for the additional one either. I can actually think of several more places I could easily use these as they take up such little space.

Simple Headboard

Hidden storage
Hidden Storage

I also have this awkward corner by my closet, it's a short space between the closet door and the wall.  Currently I have hooks that are mostly hidden by the closet door to hold things like scarves and tank tops. Nothing really seemed to work in this corner until I found this little table (VIGGJA, tray stand) . It was very inexpensive, didn't take up a lot of visual space,and it actually fit in the corner. It a great little piece that can fold up or I can use the two trays separately as actual trays. 
I tend to try to go for things that have multiple uses and this little tray table defiantly fit the bill.

Solution for an awkward corner

If you have pets like we do, items like these just aid in making things easier to keep clean. A quick wipe down or sweep/swiffer to remove dust and pet hair.



If your looking for some home inspiration check out our Pinterest page Helpful ideas for the home and  Getting Organized





Comments

Popular Posts