Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Simple Rug DIY


Here is another easy DIY project that I just finished.  I found this natural coloured cotton rug at Ikea for under $4.00.  
I really liked it but I also felt it needed a little more contrast, colour, and personalization.  So I ordered some black embroidery thread (which ended up being delayed and taking almost two months to get here) and decided to make my own pattern.  
Using a larger needle I used the full thickness of the black threads to sew in my patterns. No complicated sewing just simple stitching tied off on the back. I also ended up adding just a little blue and white thread to add a hint of colour.
Since this is all made with 100% cotton it's easy to keep clean. It can go into the washing machine and then left out to hang dry.   

I've also been working on creating a headboard  with storage using Ikea Trones. So expect some pictures of this in the near future.
Over the last couple of years I've been slowly replacing the old and mostly worn out with the newer and much easier to keep clean items. Solutions that work better, fit better and that hide and better organize all my stuff.  This has helped to make better use of the space while simultaneously helping with any allergies and reducing cleaning time and effort.  
I'm not going to lie, anything that helps make life and cleaning easier is an incredibly good thing.
The result is that it's a relief to finally have easier access to more things while still being organized and having many of those items out of site. 
All that effort truly pays off when you can finally feel so much calmer and more relaxed in your space, and you can say goodbye to the constant frustration of how the space is not working for you.
A clean slate to start with.
A clean slate to start with.

Using the full thickness of the threads.

Following the existing lines I created my patterns.
Creating my own patterns.

The finished product.







Comments

Popular Posts