Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Spring Cleaning And DIY

 Although it wasn't officially spring until today, I've already had a good head start on the whole spring cleaning thing. I began organizing all the recycle stuff to be dropped off (wow, has that ever accumulated over the winter) and I've finally begun tackling the old work bench and all the tools and things that go along with it.  And yes there where a few, "so that's were that went" and "oh, ya forgot we even had that" moments. After so many moves over the years sometimes things just get misplaced or lost. 

Wood and binder clip diy.
                                                                    

These extra baskets work great on the pegboard.

I was able to put up an extra pegboard and use a few simple but creative ways to organize what we have including repurposing some wire baskets, binder clips, and even wood. This wood came from an old and slightly wobbly dresser that I took apart almost 10 years ago. It has been repurposed for all sorts of things including wall shelves in the garage and a space saving diy for screwdrivers (as shown above). I attached the wood with the screwdrivers using removable velco strips so I wouldn't damage the side of the storage unit.

I also had one other simple project I managed to finish that had absolutely nothing to do with the garage. I was hoping to find a container to keep extra remotes and things in to reduce some of the clutter. I found the right size box, the only problem was that it wasn't decorative. So I went looking through my scraps and decided to use four pieces of craft wood to cover the sides. Two of the pieces fit perfectly while the other two had to be cut before gluing them to all four sides.  Since I didn't have a lid for it, and I wanted to keep things simple, I decided to just use cardboard. I cut a small piece of white cardboard for the top leaving a slight opening (in the shape of a triangle) on one corner for easy opening and closing. The wood was slightly higher than the box so it provided a perfect ledge for the cardboard to sit on. In the end all I wanted was to hide the contents and keep the dust out, and best of all it didn't cost me a cent. 










Comments

Popular Posts