Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Some More Outdoor And Gardening Work


 Thankfully this year we are experiencing much better weather than this time last year. It was so wet last year that our garden barely produced a thing. So with the sun actually shining and warmer temperatures there may be some hope for our garden this year.

I did get a number of seeds started indoors before I planted them out in the garden.  I used a large clear plastic clamshell container as a mini greenhouse. I cut and placed recycled egg creates inside so that they lined the bottom of one side of the container. Then I filled the egg create with soil and placed seeds in each individual section. Our little makeshift greenhouse is easy to move around and you can very easily open and close the lid whenever needed. So, before we knew it we had plenty of little green shoots sprouting up.  



 Once they started growing I was able to separate the sections and place them directly into the garden. I was able to plant some beans, lettuce, spinach, carrots, bok choy and yellow squash in the garden boxes. But we will also have some patio tomatoes, chives, rhubarb and strawberries all in pots.
Hopefully with this warmer weather we'll end up with some really tasty garden "eats" to enjoy.  


The vegetable garden isn't the only outdoor space we've been busily working on. We've also been preparing to lay down gravel in the very back portion of the backyard (where nothing really tends to grow).  Laying down both lawn fabric and cardboard and installing all the required edging.  This is something we've been wanting to do for a number of years to both reduce yard maintenance and the amount of grass. Since I'm so allergic to grass this is definitely something I've been looking forward to. Hopefully once we get all the rocks spread out and the planters placed etc... it will not only look nice but it'll be a whole lot less work to maintain.  

So, fingers crossed everything goes well...because I see a lot of rock moving in my near future.


Comments

Popular Posts