Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Finding Relief From The Latest Skin Reaction

This week our area has had an air quality advisory, which I was actually surprised hadn't started a whole lot earlier.  It's not just people heating their homes with wood stoves and fireplaces there are also large burns. This burning along with the non wood products, and other things (that shouldn't be being burned) only add to the problem.

Skin reaction to high levels of
 Environmental Pollution
Some people I've talked to have been experiencing everything from irritated eyes, ears, sore and itchy throats, loss of voice, headaches, congestion, itchy and irritated skin, and of course breathing problems.  None of which is very pleasant, and most frustrating of all their isn't much you can do about it. Staying at home with air purifiers going, and never stepping outside isn't practical nor much of an option for most people.

For me personally, I'm congested with a irritated eyes, throat and a itchy and not so pretty skin reaction.  Allergy pills, Vit C and eating well (including lots of antioxidants) do help, but my poor skin is just so itchy.  At times it feels like you've been attacked by a mob of angry mosquitoes.

I used to use baking soda, honey and oatmeal to help calm my skin and they both worked extremely well for years. Baking soda baths, oatmeal and honey baths, and appling honey directly onto the skin were all great remedies.
Unfortunately, I can no longer use them and find my options have become pretty limited.
The one product I have found that really helps calm my skin and relieves itching is Calendula Cream.
Avene Thermal Spring Water,
Impruv, Derma Membrane Structure Cream,
Biovera, Calendula Cream

Calendula Cream - Can be found at most health food stores in several different formulas as well as on Amazon.ca.

Chickweed Cream - Can be a bit harder to find, but I have found it on amazon.ca as well. It helps a great deal with calming the skin and helping with that itch.

I use Avene Thermal Spring Water which also helps calm my skin. I like to apply it lightly before applying my moisturizer.
Vichy and La Roche-Posay also offers Thermal Water products.

I try to keep a barrier (my moisturizer) on any exposed skin when going outside.  My makeup also helps to, but unfortunately no matter what, you are still being exposed.




Further Information:

Biovera Products - Biovera Skincare
More information on Biovera Organic Calendula Cream at Lifestyles Market
Avene Canada
Vichy Canada
La Roche-Posay Canada

Life Allergies on Pinterest - Skincare board

Comments

Popular Posts