Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

An Update On The Search For Moisture And Frizz Relief For My Hair

Well, things didn't go exactly according to plan.
After a few weeks of adding and using the castile soap it actually began to dry out my skin and hair.  So I ended up increasing the aloe vera juice, buttermilk powder, and oil (alternating from Almond, Grape seed or Apricot oil) but still just using one green tea bag. This seemed to be helping but my poor hair was still looking a bit dry. Then when I was looking for something to help my skin and hair
I discovered a supplement called Biosil.
What is Biosil and how does it work?  Well, it helps in the formation of collagen and this supplement is designed to help skin, hair and nails.  It was definitely a challenge to find a vegetarian form of collagen and this works quiet nicely for me.
I noticed an improvement in my skin within a week and a noticeable improvement in my hair after 6 weeks.  What a relief, finally something that seems to be helping and so far (after about 2 months) it is still working.  Fingers crossed that this is the continuing trend!
If you would like to learn more about Biosil here is the link to their website biosilusa.com
My updated Shampoo/Conditioner recipe:
One Organic Green Tea bag steeped in a small amount of water. I just put it in a small amount of cold water the night before.
The next morning I remove the tea bag and add 3 capfuls (roughly about 1-1 1/2 tsp) of Aloe Vera Juice, about 1 tsp of Butter Milk Powder and about 10 drops or so of oil (Almond, Grape Seed, or Apricot). Then I add some warm water.
Rinse hair well then pour this mixture all over hair, gently massaging it into the scalp and leaving it in for 1-4 minutes.  Then rinse well with cool water.

The Green tea is said to help with hair growth, softness, and strength. Butter milk adds moisture as does the different kinds of oils. If your looking for more homemade shampoo and conditioner ideas please visit our Pinterest page Hair Care

Comments

Popular Posts