Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Christmas And All That Glitters

Uh Christmas, it's the time of childhood memories, favourite sweet treats, comfort foods, decorations, family and friends and of course the never ending appearance of glitter.
You know what I mean, the kind you are still finding even at the end of January and in places you never knew it could actually go.

So in the spirit of all things glitter and DIY (and yes, I confess I really wanted to try a few Pinterest inspirations too). I took on a couple of DIY Christmas projects (mostly glitter free this time around).

My first project was inspired by the tall gnome I picked up on sale last month. I wanted to make two simple little gnomes that I could display with him..
All it took was white card stock rolled into a cone shape, glued and stapled.  Then I added a piece of felt as the hat and did a quick blanket stitch around the bottom and up the back seam. I added a pom pom to the top using some left over yarn and a small styrofoam ball for the nose (You could also use a bead or round wood ball, but I couldn't find one so I improvised.) and some cotton balls for the beard.
Handmade on the left, store purchase on the right.

My second project were two small signs I made with some left over wood.

The one on the left I just painted white and glued a dollar store decoration on the front and tied with a ribbon. Supper simple. All items I already had on hand.
The one on the right, I white washed and used some stickers (glitter letters and snowflakes from the dollar store) and I drew the penguin (a Pinterest inspiration) with a black sharpie. Then I finished it off by tying some left over twine and ribbon in a bow along the side.
 

My last project used up some glass containers rescued from the recycle bin.
For the one on the left I used left over gift tags that I had saved from previous years (Reindeer and Santa sign) and some cotton balls. I just used a lot of glue to secure it to the lid and then carefully place and secure the jar on top.  Then rapped some left over ribbon around the base.

For the one on the right I used a template for a paper house that I had previously glued together then glued on two (one copper and one red) mini Christmas tree ornaments that I already had for the back and front of the little house.  I happened to find a piece of broken ornament that look like a mini wreath for the house and of course cotton balls for the look of snow and some left over ribbon for the base.

 

Looking for some more Christmas DIY inspiration?  Check out our Pinterest board Christmas.
For all our other boards, including Recipes, Getting Organized, Allergy Relief At Home, and so much more check them all out at life allergies.




       I would like like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. 
   I will be back on Jan 1st, 2019 with a new post for the new year.



Comments

Popular Posts