Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Jade Roller Review

To be honest I don't tend to give much thought to a lot of the beauty tool fads out there.  But I had heard a few good things about jade rollers and one day while I was looking through the clearance section I spotted one. So in one of my rare moments of impulse I purchased it for $7.00.
I told myself if it only gave a bit of sinus and headache relief I would be thrilled.
 So, first things first, make sure you gently clean it after each use and don't share your roller with anyone else. You can keep it in a cool place or even in your fridge.
They suggest that you use it just after you apply your facial serum or moisturizer to help it better absorb into your skin. The claim is that this will help the product be better absorbed by your skin. I can't say if it actually does help absorb better (since I usually use it only on freshly cleansed skin) what I can say is that I actually do like it.
When you roll it upward and outward the cold message really does feel nothing short of fabulous especially if you are tired, experiencing any puffiness, have any sinus pain, or even a headache.  It did provided me with some relief without having to use medication (always a good thing in my books).


So what can it do?
Chinese medicine has used jade for centuries because it was prized for it's healing properties. It is considered to enhance, sooth, cool, and nourish.
Using it properly will increases blood circulation and increases lymphatic drainage (the pressure pushes the lymph fluids to the lymph nodes).
Massage can help lymph fluid drain away from areas in which it tends to settle. This results in the reduction of any swelling or puffiness and brightening of the complexion. 
Some claim that this can also temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It can be relaxing and calming which of course can help lower stress linked skin conditions. 
It can also improve or provide relief from headaches, pain associated with TMJ, sinus congestion, and eye strain.

What can't it do?  

Magically remove wrinkles or increase collagen production. 


How do I use it?

Many of the rollers feature a larger and smaller stone at each end.  The larger stone is intended to be used for the forehead and jaw area.  The smaller stone is intended for under the eyes and around the mouth. You want to use gentle pressure and roll outward and upward from the center of the face for best results. If your skin is broken out in areas make sure to be a bit more gentle (less pressure) to avoid further irritation.
Always, always make sure both the roller and your skin are clean when you use your roller.

After a month or so I have to admit that I am glade for this particular impulse buy.  Especially since I've seen some of the more expensive rollers out there.
I found it was very helpful for sinus pain, swelling/puffiness, headaches and even TMJ pain.  The coolness of the stone and the lymphatic drainage offers some much appreciated relief and visibly reduces puffiness. It really does feel nice, it's calming and relaxing and in no way irritates my sensitive skin.




Sources:
healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/jade-rolling-benefits-clear-skin
thefreezeclinic.com/debunking-the-benefits-of-jade-face-rollers/
marieclaire.com/beauty/a20637662/jade-face-roller-benefits/
laurenconrad.com/blog/2018/05/beauty-note-what-is-a-jade-roller-and-should-i-be-using-one/
huffingtonpost.ca/entry/jade-rollers_us_5a1c56f6e4b0e771d6b7f3a7
glamour.com/story/what-do-jade-rollers-do
realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/what-do-jade-rollers-do-for-your-face
womenshealthmag.com/beauty/a20730789/jade-roller-benefits/
twoheartswellness.com/2018/01/26/jade-instruments-and-ancient-traditions-chinese-beauty-treatments-that-you-will-love/

Comments

Popular Posts