Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Excited To Finally Find A Conditioner I Can Use.

So, many of you may know through previous posts that many years ago I had a couple of bad allergic reactions to shampoo and conditioners. Not only did I end up with seriously irritated skin but I lost hand fulls of hair leaving me frustrated, and close to tears. Even after all that careful searching for the right ingredients and the right products it ended up as a total failure.

Of course after that kind of experience there was no way I was going to try going back to any kind of shampoo and conditioner after that. So since then I've made my own, and every once in a long while I would try a new conditioner because of my naturally dry curly hair.  It really didn't happen all that often because I was avoiding many of the common ingredients like fragrances (especially if they were high up on the ingredient list), colour/dyes, phosphates, sulfates, alcohol, and formaldehyde producers. A tough search to say the least. 
Have you ever tried to find a shampoo without multiple form of alcohol in it's ingredient list?  Yup, it's a tough one!
While it's easy to live without store bought shampoo, I found it was a bit harder to live without conditioner.  My hair is in constant need of moisture and it was hard to find anything that really worked well for both hair and skin.
So, fast forward eight or so years and I decided to try another conditioner and this time it was from a line of products that I was already a big fan of. And what product did I decide to try?
"Alaffia EveryDay Unrefined Shea Butter Conditioner, Vanilla Mint".

It's paraben free and sodium lauryl sulfate free, with zero synthetic fragrances, it's non GMO, has the "Made Safe" seal of approval, is "Fair For Life" certified and is not tested on animals. 
It contains only one type of alcohol, cetearyl alcohol which is considered a non toxic fatty alcohol that is not at all drying. This type of alcohol has a chemical structure different from the types that tend to dry and or irritate skin. So much so that you can actually find this ingredient in alcohol free products because it has been found to be non irritating. It's primary use in products is to act as an emollient, thickening, and stabilizing agent.

I've been using this conditioner, which by the way smells natural and absolutely wonderful, not at all overpowering.  I use it on the lower half of my hair and I have been thrilled with the results. Not only has there been no skin irritation but my hair has not felt this soft in over eight years.  It has improved the texture and I've even found that it makes styling easier.  I can actually use it twice a week without any problems! I couldn't be more thrilled.
So if your supper sensitive like me it might be worth checking out this line and taking a look at their ingredients.
If you would like to learn more about this product I would recommend checking out Alaffia's wesite alaffia.com
This product line can be found online in stores like yeswellness.com, well.ca, and even Amazon.  I've also noticed that it's showing up more and more in my local B.C. (British Columbia) stores.




                healthline.com

Comments

Popular Posts