Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Sometimes Life Just Calls For A Little Chocolate

I finally perfected my homemade chocolate pudding recipe after the organic mix I had been using was no longer available.  I have to admit I had never actually made it from scratch before but it turned out to be surprisingly easy.  Almost as easy as just adding the mix and as it turns out, I like my version even better.

The first thing is to find a really nice cocoa powder, don't cheep out on this ingredient because it makes all the difference in regards to flavour.
Also, since I don't use sugar I've found that I like things less sweet so you may or may not want to use a bit more sweetness to this recipe.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding

3 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch (slightly heaping)
pinch of salt
2 3/4 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
2 tsp of brown rice syrup* (or more to taste)
1 tsp pure sugar free vanilla extract

* You can substitute brown rice syrup with honey.

Mix 3/4 cup of the milk with dry ingredients.  Whisk well, add syrup and whisk until everything is well blended. Set aside.
Heat 2 cups of milk until it comes to a soft boil.  Slowly whisk in chocolate mix and continue whisking until thick.  Remove from heat and add vanilla, mix well.  Pour into small bowels.  
I usually end up with 4 servings. Place in the fridge until it has set and is nice and cold. 
I know sometimes people have problems with lumps but I found that if you use a whisk you can completely avoid that problem. 

Enjoy.  If your looking for more recipes check out Recipes and healthy snacks and meals.




Comments

Popular Posts