Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

A New Product Find.... hint it's by Alaffia.

 I have another great product find from Alaffia.  It's a body wash that is extremely gentle on my sensitive skin.  I find as the cool weather arrives and the pollution levels increase by skin becomes dryer and more irritated. It has been such a relief to actually have calmed skin. 

So which body wash did I try? 

 I tried Alaffia's Coconut and Coffee Berry Hydrating Body Wash. It has a nice light scent and of course it doesn't contain any parabens or synthetic fragrances. Thank you so much Alaffia!

Before using this if I had an allergy exposure which resulted in skin irritation or eczema (lets say on my arms for example) I wouldn't always be able to use a body wash, just water.  Any kind of cleanser or body wash would usually just make things worse. I would usually have to wait until my skin had calmed before I could use anything at all.  But with this body wash I haven't had that problem at all. It seems to be much more calming and my skin seems to be less easily irritated.  What a nice change!

So,  a little about the main ingredients. Coconut oil can have all kinds of skin benefits. It has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help repair the skin and improve the skins barrier function. Oh, and yes it just happens to be a pretty good moisturizer too that tends to be safer for those of us with sensitive skin.

Coffee fruit is usually what's discarded in the coffee making process. And yes you guessed it this berry turns out to have some wonderful benefits too. It just happens to be an antioxidant so it helps neutralize all those pesky free radicals. It's especially high in gallic acid, rutin as well as protocatechuic and chlorogenic acids. One article I recently read reported it to have "a minimum antioxidant capacity of up to 10% that of other topical antioxidants"*

The ingredients include:"Coffea sp. (Coffee Berry) Aqueous Extract, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Water*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Aromatic Cocos nucifera (coconut) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid." 



Sources:

prevention.com/beauty/a20428276/coconut-oil-cures-for-your-skin-and-hair/

healthline.com/nutrition/coffee-fruit-coffee-berry

* jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(07)01873-7/fulltext  

well.ca



 

Comments

Popular Posts