Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Eczema



It's bad enough to have eczema and deal with the outbreaks.  But I find it especially annoying when it happens on your face.  You simply can't hide it with clothing.

I have super sensitive skin, especially on my face.  So when my allergies flair up on my skin I have very few things I can actually use.  I have 2 moisturizers that don't irritate my skin but I can't put it over irritated patches while still damp after washing my face.  Strangely enough it just causes more irritation. I do find thermal water does soothe and actually helps.
As far as makeup goes my skin has always liked powders over liquid and cream foundations.  This doesn't help when trying to cover already dry irritated skin.

So in my constant search for tips, tricks, and products, I found a few things that are actually helpful.

Here are a few of those tips, tricks:

- Reduce the heat in your shower, baths, and when washing your face.  Keep it warm and not hot.
- Moisturize constantly, as much as possible. It helps with the itch and provides a protective skin barrier.
- Thermal water sprays can help calm skin. I use it through the day and also apply it just  before appling my moisturizer.
- Wearing soft gentle fabrics like cotton will help reduce irritation.
- Do not use irritating ingredients like perfume/fragrance, dyes, and preservatives.
- Be gentle, no scrubs, harsh toners,
- Organic Oats and honey can help relieve itching and dryness as long as you are not sensitive or allergic.
 - Calendula cream can be very helpful in healing and relieving the itch and discomfort for some people.



Sources:  How to achieve a radiant, eczema-free face    
             
               Makeup Tips For People With eczema-Prone Skin

Comments

Popular Posts