Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Dryer Balls Update

In February of this year I started using 100% Wool Dryer Balls instead of dryer sheets. The plan was to get away from using chemicals and possibly even save a bit of money too.  My hope was that they would work just as well as the dryer sheets.
Well, so far they have stood up very well as you might be able to see from the pictures that I took yesterday.  After more than six months they are still going strong.  I thought there would be more pilling and fuzziness on the dryer balls themselves, but honestly they don't look all that different from when I bought them, just slightly softer. They work very well at reducing wrinkles, static, and drying time as well as softening fabric.  It's a bonus that they also happen to be naturally anti-microbial, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. I haven't actually counted the number of times I've used them, but the package does say they are guaranteed to last at least 1,000 washes. So, so far so good!
There are a few different brands that offer 100% Wool Dryer Balls, like the ones that I picked up at Canadian Tire.  The two brands I've found locally are Frank and Nellie. But I've also found Woolzies, Ulat, and Moss Creek brands online.  The prices can really range from a regular price of about $15.00 up to $30.00 or more. So if you're anything like me and like a good deal, shop around. I just bought another package on sale today at just under $9.00.


If you would like to see how the cleaning and laundry products you use rate for safety check out this link ewg.org/guides/cleaners.  This site offers great information on what's actually in the products you use.

Comments

Popular Posts