Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

My Favourite Summer Popsicle

  A lot of us like to enjoy some tasty cold summer treats but many of the store bought options are loaded with sugar, colours and flavouring.  Not so good.











                So I though I would share a few easy recipes that you can throw together in no time. Here are a couple of my favourites.                                          

Yogurt Pops
Plain Yogurt (not low fat)
Sugar Free Jam (I usually use a fruit sweetened jam like Raspberry, Strawberry or Triple Berry)
Real Whip Cream (optional)
Chopped fruit (optional)

I have never measured because it completely depends on how much you want to make, the type of jam you use and how sweet you like it.
My favourite yogurt is Liberte Mediterranee Plain Yogurt, it's nice and thick and it freezes well.
I mix the yogurt and jam together really well and sample to see if there is enough jam added.  If not, just add a little bit more jam and mix it in. At this point you can also add any chopped fruit.
Gently fold in a small amount of whip cream if you like. Just adding 2-3 tablespoons adds a richer smother texture which is really quite nice.  You can even add a bit more if you like. But they still taste great without the whip cream if you don't happen to have any on hand.

Juice Popsicles
Pour your favourite natural unsweetened fruit juice into some popsicle molds and throw them in the freezer.  Or pour the juice in a zip lock bag and placing it in the freezer. I would suggest double bagging it just in case. It's a simple way to make your own slushy.  It's what I survived on (frozen 100% white grape juice) after getting my wisdom teeth out years ago.

Finally, just a little something for my wine loving friends.
Want to add ice cubes to your glass of white wine but don't want to water it down? Then just pour some of that lovely wine in you ice cub tray and place it in the freezer or try adding some frozen fruit like berries...cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts