Skip to main content

Featured Post

Fragrance Free Hair Colour? Yes Please.

Eczema

If you battle with allergic skin you know how frustrating it can be.  Sometimes all you have to do is go outside or touch the wrong thing to suffer the results. Then there's the added challenge of sometimes trying to find products that will actually help you find relief.
I've been battling some very stubborn eczema spots that popped up last October.  No mater how much lotion I applied during the day the effects never seemed to last.
But last month I spotted "Organic Healing Balm " by The Honest Company.  After reading the ingredient list and finding there were no problematic ingredients for me, I thought I would give it a try.  To my surprise it's actually helping, even members of my family have tried it and have been impressed with it.  Wow who knew, an impulse buy that actually paid off!   How often does that happen?
Since then I've overheard several people (while waiting in line at the pharmacy) talking about this products line and how much they liked them.
 In Canada you can find these products at Costco, Shoppers, and London Drugs.  If you are looking for more information on this product line check out their website honest.com/bath-and-body/healing-balm

There are also several gentle moisturizing options that might offer you some relief from your dry irritated skin.
Coconut oil
Apricot oil
Shea butter
Cocoa butter
Mango butter
Aloe Vera

I just recently discovered mango butter and I'm quite liking it so far, it works great for adding moisture to my hair as well as my skin.  I work it into my dry curly hair a couple of nights a week before puting it up in a high ponytail before bed. Then I just wash my hair the next morning.

For other creams, lotions, ointments look for products made specifically for sensitive skin and eczema.  Avoid ingredients you are sensitive to and irritating ingredients such as fragrance and dyes.

Ointments generally have a higher oil content and don't tend to burn or sting when applied to irritated skin. It's also good to note that creams have slightly more oil content than lotions do.  But if you find that your lotion or cream stings when you apply it try an ointment instead.

The National Eczema Association and the Eczema Society Of Canada both have lists of approved products.  Many of these approved products are well known brands such as Cetaphil, Gold Bond, Avene, Weleda, CeraVe, Eucerin, Laroche-posay, and Aveeno.
For more on these approved products you can visit their websites.
nationaleczema.org
eczemahelp.ca



sources:
https://nationaleczema.org/eczema-products/moisturizers/
https://eczemahelp.ca/about-eczema/eczema-treatment/

Comments

Popular Posts